Apple’s new iCloud service doesn’t entirely launch until the fall alongside iOS 5. iCloud is the most recent trade name of Apple’s cloud computing services. Through the iCloud service users can download music files to various Apple devices such as iPhones, iPods, iPads, etc.
Following are the key features of iCloud:
- iCloud is Free: One of the main feature of iCloud is that it is free for Apple compatible devices. After signing up the users get a storage space of 5GB where they can store all the data like music, photos, videos, mails, etc.
- Take, View & Save Photos on Any Device: If the user has taken photos then he/she doesn’t have to upload them to their other iOS devices; iCloud automatically do it for them.
- Sync Purchased Contents: iCloud enables the users to sync their purchased contents like music, apps, etc to their other Apple devices. Users past purchase history can also be downloaded.
- Simpler App Management with iCloud: With the preface of iCloud, a new section in the App Store is also introduced by Apple which will allow the user to see all the Apps purchased by him.
- iTunes Match Makes Music Sound Better: iTunes Match will synchronize and scan the user’s iTunes library with iTunes store and provide him/her all information regarding their songs.
- iCloud Automatic Backup: Through Wi-Fi, iCloud repeatedly back up user’s data such as books, photos and videos daily and store it.
iCloud Backs Up User’s
- Purchased music, apps, and books
- Photos and videos in the camera roll
- Device settings
- App data
- Home screen and app organization
- Text and MMS messages